TOWN OF PURCELLVILLE REOPENS EXPANDED CARES FUND NON-PROFIT GRANT PROGRAM
The Town of Purcellville has reopened an expanded CARES Fund Non-Profit Grant program to include all IRS designated non-profits. Applications will be accepted from October 16 through October 26, 2020.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact local non-profits and their ability to provide aid to community members in need, the Purcellville Town Council directed staff to re-open the application process and expand the Town’s Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Non-Profit Grant program to ALL Internal Revenue Service designated non-profits. Expanding the program will increase opportunities for local non-profit organizations to provide assistance and ensure core human services and goods reach Purcellville citizens in need, as well as to provide financial support to the non-profit agencies serving them.
Examples of the services supported by this grant include: providing food and/or medical services; assisting with the payment of rent/mortgage (to avoid eviction or foreclosure), utility payments and/or funeral costs; supporting the homeless; and providing other services and goods to meet the individual emergency needs of the residents of the Town of Purcellville.
Organizations may qualify for up to a $15,000 grant. Eligible non-profit and faith-based organizations must be able to provide the following:
- Documentation of Internal Revenue Service tax exempt status;
- Documentation that the organization is authorized to receive grants from localities under applicable Virginia law;
- Certificate of Good Standing with the Virginia State Corporation Commission;
- Description of how the organization’s services have been impacted, interrupted, or expanded as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic; and,
- Description of the goods and services the organization provides to citizens living in the Town of Purcellville.
The Non-profit Grant application is now available online. The final closing date to apply is Monday, October 26, 2020. The application and grant program information can be accessed on the Town’s website at https://purcellvilleva.gov/959/Purcellville-Non-Profit-Business-Interruption. You may submit online via the website or you may pick up a printed application at the Purcellville Town Hall, located at 221 South Nursery Avenue and submit by mail or drop off at Town Hall. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-751-2312.